Focus Learning Support is committed to continually learning and developing our knowledge and understanding in order to better support the students that we work with to achieve academic success. FLS has been engaged for more than 13 years in education research in a wide range of topics, including:
- Strategies for improving student retention
- Diversity and gender inequality in education
- E-Learning in an African context
- Practical tips to support student success
- The impact of changing immigration rules on overseas students
- Youth crime
- Managing Change in tough times
- Experiences of international students studying overseas
- Mitigating circumstances in education
- Child protection from internet abuse etc.
The Focus Learning Support team have presented their research and findings internationally at education conferences in the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece and Nigeria.